Monday, January 26, 2009

farmer brown

www.farmerbrownsf.com

Second time at farmer brown and I ended up ordering the exact same thing I ordered the first time. I just couldn't say no to the sweet potato steak fries, the fried chicken and the BBQ spare ribs. Definitely no regrets, but perhaps next time, I might be convinced to try the Crispy Cornmeal Catfish. Anyway, here is the breakdown:

Sweet Potato Steak Fries - by far, the BEST sweet potato fries I have ever had! They are actual sweet potatoes (as opposed to yams, which is what most places use for "sweet potato [fries, pie, etc.]) and are fried to perfection. Not terribly oily, with just the right amount of kick from cayenne pepper. Served with this delicious, lightly spiced aioli (think I tasted some cumin).























BBQ Spare Ribs
- So tender and scrumptious. The precious pieces of meat fell off the bone easily. The accompanying tangy, vinegarey slaw counterbalanced the bright red, super spicy BBQ sauce nicely.

Fried Chicken - MMmmm, would say this was my favorite, but I really can't pick a favorite dish here. I had the breast piece and even that wasn't dry or overcooked at all. The meat was juicy and steaming hot with flavor. The outside breading was crispy and held its own, but not overbearing. It came with tillamook cheddar mac and cheese (not too creamy, but very cheesy, my fav) and collard greens (very spicy but good. think it had a good amount of cayenne as well).

Bourbon Pecan Pie - The pecans were crunchy and crusted with sugary glaze. The filling was supple and intensely sweet. The crust was crispy and buttery, just as it should be. Paula Deen would have been proud.

No comments: