Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Golden Gate Bakery Egg Custard Tarts

Yes, the crusts on these tarts are just as flaky as they look. Everytime I pass by Golden Gate Bakery, the line is at least half a block long. Known as a Chinatown/SF landmark, this place boasts the best egg custard tarts in the city and the hype is well deserved. The Custard is sweet, delicate, creamy and has a intense egg flavor. The Crust is incredibly buttery and flaky, almost falling apart in your hands. This is a must if you work in the city and the perfect afternoon pick-me-up.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I want some!

Unknown said...

yeah I went during CNY once because my cousin just HAD TO HAVE IT. Everyone was ordering boxes and boxes, and we ended up waiting 6 hours in line...
RIDICULOUS!!! Nothing is that good-tasting.